EVSE Charger Installation
Electric vehicles are becoming more popular due to their increasing affordability, extended driving ranges on a single charge, and the growing number of EVSE chargers in and around Sydney, making it more feasible to own an electric vehicle.
Whether you are looking into buying an electric vehicle for your home or office, you want to find a trusted EVSE installation company with certified electricians experienced in installing EVSE charging stations for commercial and residential use.
EVSE Electric Car Charging Stations
As the demand for electric cars increases, the number of EV charging stations will increase to keep up with demand. Most charging stations can now charge your electric car in less than thirty minutes, giving you added miles to get through the day.
Currently, Sydney has over 180 EVSE charging stations available to the public. At Calibre Connect our master electricians are experienced in installing Level 3 charging stations that help keep Sydney’s electric cars on the move. For installation inquiries, please call (02) 8898 0200.
Residential & Commercial EVSE Chargers
Depending on the type of vehicle you have and how fast you want to charge your electric car will determine the type of EV charger you will need:
- Level 1 – A level 1 charger can fit into most standard 3-prong outlets and does not require professional installation. These chargers are slow and best suited for overnight use, with some chargers taking up to 24 hours to fully charge an electric vehicle.
- Level 2 – Level 2 EVSE chargers require a dedicated 240-volt circuit. These chargers reduce charging times to around 3 hours, and most electric vehicles now come standard with this type of charger.
- Level 3 – Level 3 chargers are typically for business or charging stations along the highways. They can charge an electric vehicle in thirty minutes but require a large amount of power, which makes them unnecessary for most residential needs.
Most EV charging stations require a certified electrician to install your ESVE charging station at home or office. If you are not sure if your home can handle the needs of a charging station, our installation technicians at Calibre Connect can help determine what type of charger is best for you and if your home or office meets the requirements for installation.
EVSE Charger Installation near Sydney
Before your installation tech arrives to install your new EVSE Charging station, there are a few things you want to consider.
- Determine the distance from your electric vehicle to the charging station. Standard cable lengths are 2.5 meters, which should be enough for most homes.
- Your charging station will need a dedicated circuit (except Level 1), and no other appliances can be on the same circuit.
- Installing a proper residual current device (RCD) can prevent electric shock, and all EV charging station installations should entail them.
At Calibre Connect, our technicians are certified EVSE installers and can help install your EV charging station professionally and safely. Our technicians will inspect your electrical panel and make recommendations based on what they find, including updating circuit breakers to handle the new power requirements.
When you are ready to choose an EVSE charger installation company to install your EV charger in your home or office, call (02) 8898 0200 to schedule a free consultation.
Popular In EVSE Charger Systems & Products
- Charging Speed – 7kW (50km of driving per hour of charge)
- Billing Capable via OCPP
- Smart Phone App via OCPP
Enquire Online for a QUICK Response!
Why Choose Us?
Many thanks to Calibre Connect team for doing a series of electrical odd jobs around our apartment. The guys were super clean and very careful/considerate to our apartments furnishing. Very much a no stress and high quality experience. Thanks Marc!
We had Calibre Connect do all of the electrical work associated with our kitchen renovation and we were incredibly pleased with the result! Marc was a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process and he worked around our time schedule which was a big help. Honest, hard working, efficient and knowledgeable. We’ll definitely use Calibre Connect for future work. Thank you!