In Slab Heating
In-slab heating is an excellent way to warm up your Sydney home throughout the cooler winter months. This cost-efficient underfloor heating solution is ideal for both wet and dry areas, such as bathrooms, showers, laundry rooms, living rooms, kitchens, and patios.
At Calibre Connect, we specialize in the installation of in-slab heating in Sydney and its surrounding areas. Our in-slab heating solutions can solve your entire home heating needs, giving you a green heating solution that doesn’t drive up your energy costs. Besides, by installing it in your home or commercial building, you’d not only be saving money but also doing your bit for the environment!
The Advantages of In Floor Heating in Concrete Slabs
In-slab heating is a popular heating solution for warming coloured or polished concrete in new builds or renovations. Unlike similar electric underfloor heater mats and in-screed underfloor heating, this heating system provides gentle and efficient background warmth day and night.
Other notable advantages of having this green heating solution installed in your home include:
- Evenly distributed whole-home heating: In-slab heating generates a thermal environment with evenly distributed heating, eliminating cold zones.
- Healthier and cleaner indoor air: This heating solution does not attract bacteria, mould, and other allergens typically found in forced-air heating systems.
- Perfect heating solution for large spaces: This electric floor heating has a slow warming time, typically 10 – 24 hours. It is the most affordable 24-hour heating solution for heating large areas because it uses off-peak power, saving monthly energy costs.
- Best heating solution for new builds: In-slab heating is an excellent heating system for a new building because of its hassle-free installation. Though installing this heating system on an existing floor is possible, in-slab heating is best installed during the construction of the concrete slab. This installation process helps it function best.
- Noiseless, space-saving operation: In-slab heating also offers quiet operation. And, since the entire system is embedded in the slab, it won’t take up any space in your home.
For more information about in-slab heating, contact our qualified electricians to discuss your requirements and explore the available options.
Custom In Slab Heating Installation Sydney Services
Effective in-slab heating installations guarantee even, all-around radiant heating and individual programmable control.
Calibre Connect offers dry in-slab heating installation services, meaning your builders must prepare the concrete slab for installation before our team’s arrival. The building construction team will also need to install the polystyrene insulation and reinforcing mesh and carefully mark the heating areas and the electrical controls’ exact position.
After these preparatory works, our experienced team of electricians will:
- Install the thermostat and junction box along with any required relay panels.
- Test the heating element’s ohm value and insulation resistance to ensure they are within acceptable operating standards.
- Attach the heating cable and temperature sensor to the wire mesh per your custom installation plans.
- Test the heating cable and temperature sensor before and during the concrete slab pour, entering the performance results at the end of the pour for warranty purposes.
- Once the concrete is cured, our electricians will complete the thermostat’s wiring and other electrical control components.
- The team will also check the heating element’s amp draw one final time to ensure it is working correctly before approving the system for operation.
In-slab underfloor heating is a green and cost-effective heating solution, ideal for large residential homes, new constructions, and commercial spaces. It is the perfect heating solution if you’re looking for affordable high-performance heating all year round.
Contact Calibre Connect for the Best In Slab Heating Systems in Sydney!
If you’d like to install in-slab underfloor heating in Sydney and want to learn more about installation and labour costs, the friendly electricians at Calibre Connect can give you a full written quote. Our electricians value customer satisfaction and guarantee you:
- High-Quality Workmanship
- Honest, Professional Advice
- Licensed and Insured Services
- Total Peace of Mind
Our underfloor in-slab heating systems are certified under Australian Electrical Standards AS3000 and come with a 2-year heating element and 1-year thermostat controller warranty on all new installations.
Depending on your preferences, our electricians can also install other electric underfloor heating systems, including electric heater mats and in-screed underfloor heating. Contact us on 02 8898 0200 to schedule an appointment and request a free estimate.
Popular In Slab Heating Systems & Products
Enquire Online for a QUICK Response!
Why Choose Us?
Many thanks to Calibre Connect team for doing a series of electrical odd jobs around our apartment. The guys were super clean and very careful/considerate to our apartments furnishing. Very much a no stress and high quality experience. Thanks Marc!
We had Calibre Connect do all of the electrical work associated with our kitchen renovation and we were incredibly pleased with the result! Marc was a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process and he worked around our time schedule which was a big help. Honest, hard working, efficient and knowledgeable. We’ll definitely use Calibre Connect for future work. Thank you!